Tagliatelli spaghetti (1 fresh 250g packet serves 4)
1 leek chopped,Bacon lardons (as many as you like, I use 2 £1.00 packets from tesco’s)
1-2 large tablespoons horseradish (depending on how hot you like it)
3/4 pint of milk
knob of butter (or dollop! LOL)
1. Bring to the boil a pan of water and add the tagliatelle.
2. chop and wash the leeks and add into a frypan or large wok with the bacon lardons…fry until soft and the bacon cooked through…add 1 tablespoon of horseradish….and stir
(Please ignore the orange le-crueset! I know I know I don’t do orange!…but this crock pot makes and ideal stew and it was only 50p! bargain!)
3. Add the boiled through tagliatelli to the frypan with the milk and another dollop (lol) of horseradish….stir and add a dollop of butter….add the lid and cook for a futher 10 minutes on a simmering heat…..
4. Open the lid and give it a stir…you might need to add a little more milk at this stage….you are trying to make a creamy sauce.
5. Simmer for a further 5 minutes or until the sauce has thickened…
6. Serve with a sprinkling of cheese…
have it like us and boil some spinach and add as much garlic as you like….we like lots and lots 🙂 (especially pickled garlic which is less strong! I found mine in the 99p store :)) strain and serve on top of the pasta with the cheese 😉
and VOILA…you have a very delicious and fairly cheap meal 🙂
Love Happy x