My Favourite Holiday Recipe to make is Chocolate Truffle Cake from the River Cafe Cookbook, so as it is the season to be jolly and so easy to throw together I thought I would share it with you so that you too can make this divine Chocolately treat for yourself. This recipe is also perfect for making in advance as you can leave it to chill in the fridge. So here goes…
chocolate truffle cake, Tartufo di cioccolato
450g extra bitter chocolate broken into pieces ( but seriously, use your favourite chocolate…it works brilliantly with milk chocolate…very decadent!)
1L double cream at room temperature
- Line a 25 x 5cm cake tin with cling film or use a cake tin with a removable base.Very slowly melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- It is essential that the water does not touch the bowl and that the chocolate is not stirred.
- As soon as the chocolate becomes liquid remove the bowl from the pan.
- Let the chocolate cool slightly but do not allow to set.
- Whisk the cream in a large bowl until it forms very soft peaks.
- Take a large spoonful of the cream and quickly fold it into the chocolate until it is completely combined and there is no white visible then immediately fold this mixture into the cream stir to combine and pour into the prepared cake tin.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before turning out on to a plate.
- Dust with cocoa powder.
This Recipe Serves 10 or 1 BIG FAT GREEDY person like me!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!This cake is more like a glorious stodgy torte…but is soo delicious…and although it was never advertised as a holiday recipe…it is one of those yummy treats that you can allow yourself during the holiday season…for an alternative to christmas pud…you could add a raspberry or strawberry coulis or you could even add a few raisens into the mixture! have a go girls…your friends & family will love you for it!
Hi there….i’ve done it……xxx
Portion sizes?! I have never found a recipe book that got it right?! Presumably you just double the quantities so there’s enough for seconds and a bit for the lunch box?! t.xx
Sorry meant to do…..got busy…will do on my half day tomorrow!x
That sounds absolutely delicious. A perfect treat for Christmas! x
That looks gorgeous but dangerous – I’d need a while new wardrobe after eating that!
Thank you for that tag… I have just the recipe! I will post later this week if ok!Victoria xx
Hiya,Thanks for tagging me. Ooh, I’ll have to have a think on my fav xmas recipe!Sian x
Thanks hun will do today!X